The NGO Garance ASBL is responsible for the website www.nomeansno.eu.
This site presents the European project NO MEANS NO, a partnership of seven organisations in four countries.
Garance attaches great importance to the respect of privacy. The protection of your personal data is important to us.
This data protection policy informs you as clearly as possible about the collection, use, confidentiality and security of the personal data we collect on www.nomeansno.eu.
This policy is subject to the Belgian law of 8 December 1992 on the protection of privacy with regard to the processing of personal data (DCP), as well as the EU General Data Protection Regulation 2016/679, which came into force on 25 May 2018.
- Personal data (hereafter “personal data”): information that enables us to recognise you as a person, e.g. surname, first name, e-mail address, IP address…
- Processing of personal data: operation or set of operations applied to your personal data (collection, use, storage, distribution, etc.).
- Data controller: the person who determines the purposes and means of processing personal data.
Who collects and processes personal data?
The data controller. For Garance ASBL (company number: 0472. 880.245), Rue Royale 55, 1000 Brussels – firstname.lastname@example.org, the person in charge of processing personal data is Ms Jennifer Fileccia, Communications Manager.
How is the data collected?
By subscribing to the NO MEANS NO project newsletter or by contacting us by e-mail, you give us your explicit consent to save and use any personal data you send us by e-mail in accordance with our data protection policy.
To what purposes do we collect personal data?
We may use the data you provide via our form to send you our newsletters and/or other communications which :
- inform you about the activities, publications or other achievements of the NO MEANS NO project and its partners;
- enable us to improve this website by analysing its use;
- enable us to fulfil our legal obligations.
How long is the data stored?
Garance retains your personal data for as long as is reasonably necessary for the purposes for which it was collected and in accordance with legal requirements. In addition, we will delete your data as soon as possible upon request.
Cookies are used to simplify access and navigation on the nomeansno.eu website. They increase the speed and efficiency of use of the site. They can also be used to individualise the site according to your personal preferences.
We make a distinction between functional and non-functional cookies:
- Functional cookies are necessary for the proper functioning of a website. For example, they make it possible to recognise you as a user each time you visit our website.
- Non-functional cookies are not necessary for the proper functioning of a website. For example, we store analysis cookies. This enables us to find out which sections of our website are visited most frequently and which elements can be improved.
You can block or manage non-functional cookies via your browser settings. In addition, you can delete the cookies installed on your computer at any time. How you do this depends on your browser. If you block and/or delete cookies, it is possible that you will no longer be able to benefit from all the possibilities offered by our site.
Embedded content from other websites
How do we esure data security ensured?
In accordance with current legislation, Garance ensures that its subcontractors undertake to respect the security and confidentiality of any data that may be transmitted to them. We use Mailchimp to manage newsletter subscriptions. You can consult Mailchimp’s confidentiality policy here: https://mailchimp.com/en/gdpr/.
What are your rights and how can you exercise them?
You retain control of your personal data. You can request the following in writing, accompanied by a copy of an ID, by mail (Rue Royale 55, 1000 Brussels) or by e-mail (email@example.com):
- a correction of your data;
- the deletion of the data;
- the limitation of the processing;
- to receive all the data concerning you (data portability);
- to withdraw your consent to the use of your personal data.
Will you receive advertising?
No, Garance does not use your personal data for commercial advertising, but only to inform you about or to ask for your support for or your participation in activities and events related to the NO MEANS NO project.
With the exception of new legal and mandatory provisions, we will not make any changes that reduce the level of protection of your rights as guaranteed by this policy.